This is our modern day baby book! It is our prayer that years from now, Zeke and Adalynn will look back at the details of this blog and understand just how much we looked forward to meeting them and love them!







Saturday, February 2, 2013

Celebrating Baby Adalynn


On January 26, 2013, my mom and Jami hosted a ballet themed baby shower for Adalynn and me.  I cannot even explain how blessed I am to have these two ladies in my life.  They both worked so hard to make it a perfect day.  Jami is so creative and made the most adorable things using the colors in Adalynn's nursery (pale pink, white, and grey).  She made a tulle wreath, pom poms (in the nursery colors), a tutu for the table (literally), an "A" for Adalynn's wall, "A" water bottles, and a framed description of the meaning of Adalynn's name (among other little touches!). 










The table display was so lovely with my my mom's grandmother's china, little diaper carriage (made by Jami), yummy food, and other little touches. 







The guests brought books for Adalynn's nursery too.  My mom gave me two of my favorite childhood books that she had been saving.  It was fun to see what books each lady chose to add to the collection.  Zeke even got a book from Judy Rhyne!


In addition to all of that, I was humbled by the generous gifts we received.  Here are a few pictures of some of the wonderful things:

Adorable shoes from Samantha and Susan!

Animal print jacket from the "Beach Babes" (my mom's Bible Study Fellowship friends)

Tummy time mat

Sweet onesie outfit from Lindsay Williams

Precious bubble from Mom

"How Great to be a Child of God!"

Homemade blanket from Lis Klemis

Personalized lovey from Kim McNaron

Sweet ballet pajamas from the Babes!

Pink Adalynn lovey to match big brother Zeke's!




To complete the fun day, we played a game where you match candy to words related to labor and delivery.  For example:

11 pound babies = Whoppers
Contractions = Now and Later
Epidural = Life Saver
Hospital Bill = 100 Grand
Dad during delivery = Bonkers

Here are the ladies deep in thought...






I didn't get a picture of everyone who was there, but here are a few with friends and family:



Some of the "Beach Babes" and me

My friend Katie who is also having a baby girl not too long after me!

Lindsay and me

Cara with baby Harper




My friend Julie's daughter, Alice, enjoying a cupcake with Sophia!





Since the shower, my mom and I have been working on Adalynn's nursery.  I'll post pictures once it is completed.  Zeke has been busy playing and entertaining us with his sense of humor and zest for life.  He is now 39 1/2 inches tall and 38 1/2 pounds.  It' is hard to believe how quickly he is growing.  We also took maternity photos recently, so I will post those when I get them too.  God bless!

Zeke playing with his buddy, Carlitos, while Carlos and Gregg carry furniture up to Adalynn's room!


No comments:

Post a Comment