This is our modern day baby book! It is our prayer that years from now, Zeke and Adalynn will look back at the details of this blog and understand just how much we looked forward to meeting them and love them!







Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Almost a family of four!






"Children are a gift from the Lord; they are a reward from him."
Psalm 127:3 NLT 

It is hard to believe we could welcome Adalynn to the world any day now.  I am 37 weeks, 4 days pregnant, and having contractions throughout each day.  She is measuring about 7 pounds.  I am feeling pretty good, although my feet are so swollen I can only wear running shoes at this point!  I just read through my essential oils guide and it suggests adding tangerine oil to water each day for edema, so I am going to try that.  It is hard to find time to put my feet up with my desire to "nest" and care for Zeke and Gregg! 

We recently had maternity photos taken in Adalynn's nursery before we moved the furniture in.  I am so thankful that our wonderful photographer, Summer, is able to capture these moments for us.  Here are some that we selected:










Things have been busy around here as I've tried to prepare for our newest addition and balance all of my OB and perinatal doctors appointments.  My mom has been such an amazing help, and I thank God for her each day. 

As I try to prepare my heart for our baby girl, I am also trying to enjoy the moments I have with just Zeke and me.  He is such a precious little boy and so full of personality.  We have fun laughing and playing each day.  He continues to test his independence, which leads to a lot of bumps and bruises that Mommy could do without!  Each time we are in public, he begins talking to anyone he can (i.e. grocery clerk, doctor's office receptionist, etc.).  I honestly don't know how Gregg and I got such an outgoing child.  Actually I do...it was all God's handy work!  I look forward to seeing Zeke enter into the big brother role.  He is such a great helper to me and loves babies, so I think it's a perfect fit for him!

If you feel led, we would appreciate your prayers for a healthy baby, smooth delivery, and God's perfect timing for her arrival (ours would be in about a week or so!).  Zeke came right at 39 weeks.  Please also pray, most importantly, that she would come to know the Lord at an early age.

Thank you and may God bless you and your families.  I'll leave you with my 37 week pictures!



No comments:

Post a Comment