This is our modern day baby book! It is our prayer that years from now, Zeke and Adalynn will look back at the details of this blog and understand just how much we looked forward to meeting them and love them!







Wednesday, December 30, 2009

The beginning...

Let's start at the beginning.


Zeke,

For as long as I can remember, I have wanted to be a mommy. God took me through many trials before finally bringing Daddy into my life. God was preparing each of us to be ready for one another, and when the timing was right, we met. We got married on June 7, 2008. We both knew we wanted to have children, and that we would not wait long to begin trying. We prayed that God would bless us with a baby. On May 15th, 2009 I took a pregnancy test at home. Daddy was at work, and so I called Wynna. As I was talking to her, the results showed up as positive, and I was ecstatic! I couldn't believe it. I had pre-diabetes and doctors predicted that it would take a long time for us to get pregnant, but it didn't! God knew you were going to be our child before we did, and His timing was perfect. When Daddy got home from work I sat him down and gave him a gift. It was University of Florida baby booties. He was so excited that I was pregnant, and we celebrated by going to dinner and Borders books to buy some pregnancy books. We called my doctor the next day and scheduled an appointment. We found out at that appointment that you were a twin, but your twin did not survive. This was a very difficult time, but we drew closer to the Lord and each other. We realized how blessed we were to have you. I began taking insulin for my diabetes, and we prepared ourselves for nine months of getting ready for you!


My first trimester was difficult because I was so nauseous all of the time. I didn't like to eat fish or anything that had spices or a lot of flavor. Looking back, it went by quickly. I started feeling better as I entered my second trimester. We were able to go to the doctor at 16 weeks to find out if you were a boy or a girl. I honestly thought you were a girl because I had been so sick, but when they told us you were a boy we were thrilled. It was such a shock, but a good one! Daddy immediately started planning to buy you a lifetime sportsman's license and talking about your first gun! He was so proud! We decided to name you Ezekiel, which means "God is strength," because God gave you strength to survive while your twin did not. I know you will get to meet him or her in Heaven some day. We chose Forrester as your middle name because it is Dadder Poo and Uncle Jimmy's middle name, and in addition, Wynna's dad's middle name was Forrest. We also thought Zeke Hall sounded really good!


As you grew inside of me, the doctors were very pleased. You have been healthy and strong. You get the hiccups a lot, and move around a lot too. Feeling you move inside me is one of the most amazing things I have ever felt. When Daddy talks to you, you react to his voice, which is really neat. When I lay in bed at night, you move around so much that we can see my belly moving!


I am now 36 weeks pregnant, and can't wait to meet you! You tried to arrive last Monday (at 35 weeks), but they gave me medicine to keep you in there just a little longer. I've been having contractions every day, but they are not progressing yet. I don't know when you will make your arrival, but I am looking forward to seeing your precious face for the first time and holding you in my arms. New Years Eve is tomorrow, so maybe you will be a New Years baby! You have so many people praying for you and looking forward to meet you. God has blessed us with amazing family and friends and I look forward to introducing you to them all.


I Love You,

Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment