This is our modern day baby book! It is our prayer that years from now, Zeke and Adalynn will look back at the details of this blog and understand just how much we looked forward to meeting them and love them!







Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Baby girl's nursery


When I started thinking about what colors I wanted to use in Adalynn's nursery, I thought I wanted to avoid pink.  Then, the more I looked at bedding, I realized that was silly.  We are having a girl, and I am a girly girl, so why not use pink!  I love pale pink (I was a ballerina after all), so this was my chance to use it and a ballet theme.  I mean, she may decide to play sports, so why not have fun with this now.  We did Zeke's room in a wildlife theme for Gregg, after all! 

So, with my mom's help, we went to look for curtain fabric.  We loved the grey and white pattern we found and it looked so good with pale pink.  That set us up to find the other pieces for the room. 

I found the bedding on a site called www.babysteals.com where you can find discounted baby products.  The pom poms you see hanging above were made by my amazing, sister in law, Jami for my baby shower (you'll see many of the items in the room in the post about the shower!).  The name art came from a website called www.etsy.com that is made up of shops of independent artists.  I got to pick out the fonts and colors!

The bookshelf below was my mom's and the little table belonged to my dad's father, Roy Stargel (Papa).  The little rocking chair came from an antique shop in Woodstock.  You can barely see the sweet pink chandelier that I found at a different antique shop.


This little shelf was made by a couple who have a shop on etsy too.  Notice the tiny ballet shoes my mom bought her!


The three ballerinas were drawn by a lady in Australia (also on etsy) and the bow holder was lovingly made by my sweet friend, Arilea.  All of the organizing bins you see are Thirty-One gifts products.










Here you see another angle of the curtains my mom made, in addition to her mother's baby doll carriage.  The black thing you see in the corner of the picture is the treadmill!  That's the one thing in the room I'd like to remove, but it is just too heavy and we have no where to store it!  Oh well!


The painting here has Jeremiah 29:11 written on it.  "For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."  Zeke has this verse in his room drawn by the same artist, but in his colors and theme!  I found the lampshade in an etsy shop and used a base I had from another lamp.  The little tutus were made by Jami, in addition to the frame in the center.  It tells the meaning of Adalynn's name!
 



Lastly, this tutu wreath was made by Jami for my baby shower.  I already had ordered the name plate for her door, so I combined them.  I just love it!


We have a cradle to use in our room when she first comes home, but it's very nice to have her room set up and ready for her.  We have no idea how much longer the Lord will keep us in Acworth, but we decided we would rather go ahead and finish her room for the time being.  I'm glad we did!


No comments:

Post a Comment