This is our modern day baby book! It is our prayer that years from now, Zeke and Adalynn will look back at the details of this blog and understand just how much we looked forward to meeting them and love them!







Sunday, January 20, 2013

Happy 3rd Birthday, Zeke!!!


Can you believe it?  Our little man is 3 years old!  We have been telling him he is turning 3 on January 19th, so if you ask him how old he is, he'll say, "January 19, I gonna be tree." 

Earlier this week he received a fun birthday card from GeeGee that turned into a fire hat and a word puzzle activity from our dear friend, Thalia.  He has already mastered the puzzles and he is having so much fun (as you'll see below).




We planned to celebrate this year by going to the Georgia Aquarium with his cousins, but Georgia was supposed to have icy roads that day.  We rescheduled for later in January.  I'll be sure to post pictures when we finally go.

Then, we planned to have a small birthday dinner with Wynna and Papa on his actual birthday, but Gregg had to leave town for work, so we had to reschedule that too. 

So...we ended up having a fun day together (just Zeke and Mommy).  I put his Happy Birthday sign up the morning of his special day, then we went to the gym.  He LOVES to play with the kids in the Kids Club at LA Fitness.  I let him pick out a Happy Birthday balloon too, which we all know he loves.  We played together at home and he napped as usual.  I decided to take him on a Mommy/son date to Chipotle for dinner.  We waited in line for over 30 minutes, but it was yummy and worth it. 

Loving his sign!

Eating his "taco meat" at Chipotle!


He had fun and I enjoyed the day with my sweet boy.  It was kind of bittersweet because it will be his last birthday as our only child.  I am so thankful for the blessing that Zeke is to us.  God has given him such a sweet and fun personality.  He has been blessed with a smart mind and funny sense of humor.  He brings joy to Gregg and me each day!


Adalynn update:

I didn't post my 32 week picture when I took it, so here it is...





I am actually 34 weeks now and nesting like crazy!  I've been cleaning out everything I can and working on the nursery.  We started late on the nursery, so there is still a lot to do, but I am having fun shopping for little special touches on www.etsy.com.  We were able to put her name on the wall, and I am so pleased with it.  We are using pale pink, white, and grey with touches of ballet in her room. 


No comments:

Post a Comment