This is our modern day baby book! It is our prayer that years from now, Zeke and Adalynn will look back at the details of this blog and understand just how much we looked forward to meeting them and love them!







Monday, February 25, 2013

Pray Boldly




Over the past month or so, God has really been doing a work in my heart and my prayer life.  I think it is a lifelong journey, but I've seen Him specifically asking me to trust Him and surrender things in prayer.  

As a person who desires to control things, I find it difficult to surrender, even to my loving Heavenly Father.  However, when I do, I am blessed beyond measure and always grow closer to Him.  

Jami recently shared this quote with me from her Bible Study Fellowship notes:

"Are you amazed that Almighty God calls us His friends?  When we receive Christ as Savior and Lord, God gives His Holy Spirit to live within us forever.  Through the Holy Spirit, He teaches us what to pray for and actually prays within us (Romans 8:23, 26-27).  God gives us the desire to pray, and then graciously uses our prayer to accomplish His purposes for the world.  What an incentive to pray boldly!"

"And not only the creation, but we ourselves, who have the firstfruits of the Spirit, 
groan inwardly as we wait eagerly for adoption as sons, 
the redemption of our bodies." (Romans 8:23)

"Likewise the Spirit helps us in our weakness. For we do not know what 
to pray for as we ought, but the Spirit himself intercedes for
us with groanings too deep for words. And he who searches
hearts knows what is the mind of the Spirit, because the 
Spirit intercedes for the saints according 
to the will of God." (Romans 8:26-27)

Gregg and I desire to pray boldly for Adalynn and for all things.  How neat to realize that God gives us this desire and graciously uses it.  

I have asked many of you to join us in prayer for Adalynn's arrival.  It has been my desire to have a natural, unmedicated birth for her.  Satan loves to try to cause us to doubt God, and this situation has been fun for him, I'm sure!  I found out I was positive with an infection called group B strep.  It can be passed to the baby during labor, so doctors prefer to put the mother on an IV antibiotic during labor.  First, I didn't want to expose Adalynn to antibiotics her first moments of life, and second, the IV would make natural labor much more challenging because I couldn't move around as freely.  You joined me in praying boldly that God would heal this infection, and He did!  Gregg and I were so humbled and thrilled when we heard the news.  

Now, the doctors are recommending inducing labor Friday night if I haven't had her yet.  Again, this will hinder the natural, unmedicated process I feel God has planned for us.  

My friend Christy reminded me of a truth she learned through a devotion in her church bulletin.  God always answers "Yes" or "Better!"  This is such a comfort to remind me that His will is best, even when it doesn't always make sense to me.

We look forward to seeing how God will complete Adalynn's birth story and we know He will be glorified in a mighty way.  Thank you for your prayers, love, and support. 

Hopefully the next post you see will be after we are holding Adalynn in our arms. (Below you'll see my 39 week photos!)



No comments:

Post a Comment