This is our modern day baby book! It is our prayer that years from now, Zeke and Adalynn will look back at the details of this blog and understand just how much we looked forward to meeting them and love them!







Saturday, June 25, 2016

June 2016


One Month Old
8 pounds, 3 ounces
21 inches long

What's she doing?
sleeping through the night
sleeping in her crib
scooching in her bed
smiling
nursing 5x/day
sucking her fingers

Getting a good picture of a one month old is not an easy task! 

Isaiah 40:28-31
   
"Have you not known?  Have you not heard?
The LORD is the everlasting God,
the Creator of the ends of the earth.
He does not faint or grow weary;
His understanding is unsearchable.
He gives power to the faint,
and to him who has no might, He increases strength.
Even youths shall faint and be weary,
and young men shall fall exhausted;
but they who wait for the LORD shall renew their strength;
they shall mount up with wings like eagles;
they shall run and not be weary;
they shall walk and not be faint."

God has used these verses in a special way this past week to speak to me.  He has reminded me that I cannot do anything in my own strength.  It's his strength in me that allows me to be the wife, parent, daughter, friend, etc. that He is calling me to be.  Waiting on Him renews my strength and I will not be weary!  What a relief!!



Father's Day

Gregg was working a midnight shift this Father's Day, so he slept most of the day.  We were still able to spoil him a little bit!  The kids decorated the sign you'll see below, got him a card, I made him bacon and eggs, and the kids answered a questionnaire about Daddy.  You'll see Adalynn thinks his name is Superhero and his job is hunting...ha!  Zeke was pretty accurate and clearly loves spending quality time with his daddy!  Lily Faith is already bonded to Gregg and loves sleeping on his chest.  It warms my heart to see them experience their earthly father's love and sacrifice.  It is hard to comprehend how much more their Heavenly Father loves them.  Some day, they'll really know what a gift this is!!







Wynna Saves the Day

Gregg had to go on a short trip to Atlanta, so my amazing mom came down again!  She had just returned home from Amarillo and came down the following day!  We were so grateful.  We enjoyed lunch out and the kids got to go swimming again!  I seriously think there should be an award for the most amazing mom/grandma.  She sacrifices so much for Jared and me and our children!!





Pool selfie!

Lunch at The Bistro


Adorable chef costume Wynna brought them!


Adalynn's First Haircut

Adalynn had one trim when she was a toddler, but this was her first big girl haircut!  We only took a few inches off, but it was nice to even it out a bit.  She was SO excited to go see Ms. Lori and have her hair cut.  She started talking about it the moment she woke up until our appointment at 4:30pm!  



Siblings

Zeke and Adalynn continue to enjoy talking to Lily Faith and loving on her.  She smiles at them constantly and puts up with being held!  It's such a joy to see our children loving one another!

Smiling at Zeke!


Happy siblings!

And just for fun...here is the one month collage I did for Adalynn in 2013 (and Lily Faith's again for comparison):





To close, I'll share the collages I made of Zeke and Adalynn's first and last day of school pictures.  I didn't realize how much they'd changed!  



No comments:

Post a Comment