This is our modern day baby book! It is our prayer that years from now, Zeke and Adalynn will look back at the details of this blog and understand just how much we looked forward to meeting them and love them!







Monday, January 19, 2015

Looking ahead...

Happy 5th Birthday to Zeke!

Last night, I began to look through pictures of Zeke from birth until now.  I made a collage of some of my favorites!  It's hard to believe he is 5 years old!


Zeke and I decided to sit down together and write some goals for himself for his 5th year.  It was a spur of the moment thing.  I wanted to make sure it was authentically from him.  You will see below that he came up with 6 goals.  These were truly his desires!

We plan to pray for these items this year, always being open to God changing the goals!  We talked about how he can ONLY do things that are difficult through Christ who gives him strength. We have also talked about how we treat others the way we want to be treated, so I included those 2 verses on his goal sheet.

“I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.” (Philippians 4:14)

God, please help me to….
  • not push
  • remember to pray and obey
  • read by myself
  • walk at church
  • keep doing Daddy/Mommy/Zeke time
  • chew my food well

“So whatever you wish that others would do to you, do also to them, for this is the Law and the Prophets.” (Matthew 7:12)

We made a chart together with clip art, but I couldn't get it to copy and paste here.  Here Zeke is with his sign:


I look forward to seeing how God has worked in these areas this time next year.  What a gift to get to seek God with Zeke!  

No comments:

Post a Comment