This is our modern day baby book! It is our prayer that years from now, Zeke and Adalynn will look back at the details of this blog and understand just how much we looked forward to meeting them and love them!







Monday, July 8, 2013

Adalynn lately...

Four Months Old



Adalynn is 4 months old and is definitely becoming her own little person.  She knows what she wants and will let us know if she's not happy!

With Zeke, we started solid foods (per Dr. Denmark's recommendations) at 3 months, so by 4 months he was eating a small bowl of "mush" 3 times per day.  This has not happened with Adalynn.  Things were so busy, and it was just easier for me to exclusively nurse until 4 months.  At that point, I tried avocado.  She wasn't a big fan.  I think it was too chunky for a first food because I didn't have my mini food processor yet (bought for free with a Macy's gift card...Gregg loved that!).  The Vitamix is too big for the small amounts I am currently feeding her.  I'll try avocado again soon.


I tried sweet potatoes next, but she was fussy and had a little bit of a rash.  I'll go back to those later.  Then, I went against what I had planned and tried rice cereal.  I was going to avoid grains for longer with her than I did with Zeke after reading information from the Weston A. Price Foundation.  They recommend soft boiled egg yolks (from pastured chickens) as a first food and introducing grains at 1 year old.  I am planning on trying egg yolks at 6 months.



So for now, I am back to Dr. Denmark's mush.  Zeke STILL eats it for breakfast.  It's a great way to get everything in them, and it just tastes like a sweet hot cereal (it has spinach, green beans, peas, beans, chicken, beef, grains, apples, bananas, sweet potatoes, or whatever else I decide to mix in).  Her mush is now organic basmati rice cereal, peas, carrots, and bananas.  I'll continue adding more veggies and fruits, then legumes and proteins.

Rice Cereal

Peas (and fingers)!

Eating peas while looking at big brother!



Stats:
  • weight: 14lbs, 4 oz. (47%)
  • height: 26 in. (95%)
  • head:16.25 in. (66%)

Firsts:
  • rolled from her stomach to her back (while in her crib napping) - July 4th
  • ate avocado, sweet potatoes, rice cereal ,bananas, peas, carrots, and butternut squash

 Some fun photos...










Hasn't found her thumb, but sucks her fingers backwards!



No comments:

Post a Comment