This is our modern day baby book! It is our prayer that years from now, Zeke and Adalynn will look back at the details of this blog and understand just how much we looked forward to meeting them and love them!







Friday, May 17, 2013

Happy Mother's Day!






Don't you see that children are God's best gift, the fruit of the womb his generous legacy? Like a warrior's fistful of arrows are the children of a vigorous youth. Oh, how blessed are you parents, with your quivers full of children! Your enemies don't stand a chance against you; you'll sweep them right off your doorstep." 
(Psalm 127:3-5, MSG)



This year for Mother's Day, I asked if Gregg would stay with Zeke for a "guys night" so Adalynn and I could go spend the night with my mom.  I have not had much alone time with Adalynn and neither has my mom!  It turned out that my sweet friend, Brandy, was in town house hunting.  They are moving to Georgia from Texas.  We got to have dinner with her and her husband the evening I was in Alpharetta.

It is kind of crazy because we'd never met in person.  We became friends through her blog, www.livingwaterhealthandwellness.com.  She is a type 1 diabetic, and I emailed her to ask her some questions a couple of years ago.  We share a faith in Christ and both try to nourish our families with whole, natural foods, the way God intended.  We also share a passion for fitness.  She became a Beachbody coach and I became one shortly after to get the discount on Shakeology.  She also shared with me about Young Living essential oils.  She has been such a blessing to me and I can't wait for her to live in Georgia!


Now, back to Mother's Day!  Sunday, we woke up and took Adalynn to Perimeter church while Gregg and Zeke drove over to my parents' house.  My mom graciously provided a WONDERFUL meal made by her friend, Rosemary, who is a chef.  It was delicious!  Jared, Jami, and the girls came over after church too.






The kids had a blast playing outside most of the afternoon.  The weather could not have been more perfect.












Adalynn slept most of the time, but we managed to get a few posed shots!  Oh, and one that proved my dad was there too!




Zeke crawled into Kariss' lap since Adalynn had just been there...silly boy!


Below you'll see a few more of the kids playing.  Zeke asked Jami if he could hug Harper.  He was so sweet to walk over and give her a gentle hug.





It is hard for me to believe that my baby boy is not a baby anymore.  He is growing into a fun, kind, loving, energetic little guy.  He makes me laugh and surprises me as I see him becoming the person God made him to be.  Adalynn is developing more of a personality each day and smiles a lot.  She loves to be with people and to be held.  I've even been able to enjoy little laughs and coos much more frequently over the last week. 

I'm so thankful God chose me to be Zeke and Adalynn's mommy.  I pray you all had a blessed Mother's Day.  If it is a day of sadness for you, I pray you were comforted by our Father in Heaven.  Blessings to you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment