This is our modern day baby book! It is our prayer that years from now, Zeke and Adalynn will look back at the details of this blog and understand just how much we looked forward to meeting them and love them!







Friday, January 15, 2010

Almost there!!!


The countdown is upon us! At 35 weeks pregnant I began contracting and Dr. McLendon sent me to labor and delivery at Kennestone Hospital. Gregg and I spent the day there and they gave me medicine to stop the contractions. We decided to wait and let Zeke develop a little longer! Since then, I've been expecting to go into labor any minute. It has been confusing and nerve wracking, but I've tried to trust in God's timing. I finally came to the realization that Zeke may wait until his due date. Then, yesterday, I went for my second non-stress test (I have to do these twice a week because of the gestational diabetes). Dr. Phillips picked up pretty strong contractions on the monitor. He checked me, and I am dilated 1 cm and 70-80% effaced. He said he would be surprised if Zeke doesn't arrive in the next couple of days. I slept through the night last night, only noticing a few contractions. As I sit here typing this (Friday, January 15, 2010), I'm having contractions pretty regularly. I think it could be today or tomorrow!!! I'm going to write a short note to Zeke to let him know how I'm feeling as we await his arrival.

Zeke,
Well, you really could enter the world any day now. As I think back over my pregnancy, it seems like such a long process, but then again, it also seems so quick! Last night, Wynna came over and helped me with some final touches to help welcome you home in comfort. We hung "black out" curtains so you will be able to sleep well, and we finished putting together the bassinet that you will sleep in when you come home. I stood there looking at that empty clean, crisp bassinet and couldn't help but imagine what your sweet little body will look like laying curled up inside. I can't wait to meet you, and your daddy feels the same way. We pray each day that God would bring you to us in His perfect timing. We feel so blessed to have you and can't wait to hold you.

"From the fullness of His grace, we have all received one blessing after another." (John 1:16)

I love you,
Mommy

1 comment:

  1. How wonderful! my prayers will continue for you and your mini man. Little Zeke has great mommy to love and care for him.

    ReplyDelete