This is our modern day baby book! It is our prayer that years from now, Zeke and Adalynn will look back at the details of this blog and understand just how much we looked forward to meeting them and love them!







Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Zeke's first turkey hunt!


I"m going to let Gregg tell you all about Zeke's first turkey hunt...

We went with our friend, Edrick Hood, to Timber Creek Trails Plantation.  We left early the morning of April 11th.  We heard a bird gobbling down close to a creek, so we went down and called.  Zeke sat next to me.  Two hens and a gobbler appeared about 25 yards away and circled us completely getting as close as 15 yards.  Zeke did not move the whole time!  I eventually called in two gobblers and shot one at 30 yards.  I asked Zeke if he saw the one coming in.  He said, "No I didn't, Daddy, because you told me not to move.  I didn't want to scare the turkey!"  He sat motionless for about 20 minutes...better than most adults!  We had no blinds or decoys out.  Zeke has relayed the story to anyone who will listen.  It was the most special hunt I've ever been on!  We're grateful to Edrick for capturing the hunt through those priceless photos.


5:30am before they left the house!

Their bird!

1 comment:

  1. Oh this might be my favorite post yet!!! How special is it that they got to share this moment together! And the pics are the cherries on the icing on the cake!

    ReplyDelete