This is our modern day baby book! It is our prayer that years from now, Zeke and Adalynn will look back at the details of this blog and understand just how much we looked forward to meeting them and love them!







Tuesday, January 18, 2011

What a difference a year makes!


January 18, 2011
Zeke,
It is hard to believe that this time last year, I hadn't met you in person yet.  We spent 9 (really 10!) wonderful months getting to know each other, but on January 18, 2010, I had not yet had the privilege to hold you in my arms.  We prayed for you (A LOT), talked to you, made plans for you, and Daddy even sang to you!  I believe last year the 18th of January was a Monday because I remember Daddy being home from work because of the Martin Luther King Jr. holiday.  Doug and Kelly Peoples (Daddy's former neighbors) came by to visit us.  Kelly told me to take a belly picture because she did that and went into labor the next day.  Just for fun, we decided to take one that night. 



January 18, 2010 (39 weeks pregnant)

Low and behold, she was right!  I woke up at about 4am with strong contractions.  I had never felt anything like that before and sensed that this was the beginning of your arrival.  I tried to go back to sleep, but the pain continued, so I woke Daddy up and we called the doctor.  We gathered our things, Daddy made sure the animals had food and water, and we headed for the hospital.  After checking to be sure I was actually in labor (I thought this was silly because I knew I was), they admitted me and we began to wait to meet you. 

I remember feeling a sense of peace beyond what I have ever experienced.  Ever sense I was a little girl I wanted to be a mom.  Over the years I wondered if God would bless me with the gift of a husband and a child.  On January 19, 2010, I realized that blessing was being carried out, and I was humbled! 

I'll finish telling you about that special day tomorrow, but know that God created you for a purpose and Daddy and I are privileged to be a part of your life.  We can't wait to see what plans God has for you.

I love you,
Mommy



No comments:

Post a Comment