This is our modern day baby book! It is our prayer that years from now, Zeke and Adalynn will look back at the details of this blog and understand just how much we looked forward to meeting them and love them!







Thursday, January 19, 2017

The best thing about 7 year olds...Zeke!


You may remember that I did a similar post a while back about Adalynn.  I decided it's Zeke's turn, and what better time to write it than during his birthday week?  He turns 7 today, January 19, 2017!!  Wow, it's hard to even type that.  We will be celebrating 3 separate times this week, and I'll post those fun pictures later, but this post will be about some of the special things God knit together to make our Zeke!!

1 - His faith is strong



Zeke's name, Ezekiel, means, "God is my strength."  We noticed from a very young age that Zeke had a tendency to pray big and expect his prayers to be answered.  We see Zeke's heart trusting in God, and he has expressed a desire to be baptized.  We are seeking God on the timing of that.  It has been such an exciting journey to see how God continues to grow Zeke's faith.

Ezekiel Forrester Hall


2 - He is a friend to all



When Zeke was very small (maybe 2), my mom took him to Target.  I remember her coming back and telling me how he'd been chatting with one of the workers there from his seat in the grocery cart.  Everywhere we go, he is meeting a new friend.  As homeschoolers, we don't get to see as many people each day as those in school outside of the home.  That hasn't stopped Zeke from making friends from all different walks of life, ages, and stages.  Zeke loves to talk to people and people love to talk to Zeke!

With his friends at Classical Conversations

3 - He loves to read



He became interested in letters and words from the moment he could speak.  He wanted to learn to read, so I helped him learn early.  He was reading small books by 3.  He continues to have a book or magazine in his hands most of his free time.  I'll find him outside (after I have encouraged him to go play), reading a book on the back steps!  His mind is a true gift from God and I don't take credit for it, but I am thankful because it makes our homeschool days very rich!  Each night, we read a devotion together and his favorite time is looking up the verses for me and reading them.  God's Word is alive!!

Reading one of the books he got for Christmas

4 - He forgives readily



I wrote this about Adalynn, and it's true about Zeke as well.  I learn so much from my children about how to love.  Things are not always quiet around here and he has been known have disagreements with his sister, but time and again, he forgives (and/or asks to be forgiven) and moves forward.  He is learning about seeking God to help him change his heart, and therefore, behavior.  I see God working in him, and for that I'm grateful!

Our precious boy

5 - He is extremely helpful 



I am truly appreciative  of the help he offers me on a daily basis.  When my hands are full and I can't figure out how I'll do one more thing, it's often Zeke to the rescue!  He does call himself a superhero, after all!  Whether it's fetching a diaper, talking to Lily Faith in silly voices, or helping me cook dinner, he is my little helper!  


He loves helping with Lily Faith

6 - He is orderly



Before he could even walk, he was lining things up....letter cards, trucks, you name it!  I often walk into a room to see little toys lined up in color order or in categories.  It always makes me smile because this is how God made Zeke.  He recently got more of the set of "Life of Fred" math books.  He quickly lined them up in the order in which we are to read them!

"Life of Fred" math books in proper order


7 - He gives joyfully


I noticed when he was quite young that he would always offer to share his food with me and others.  Now, some children may share the things they don't like, but he would share the things he liked most!  Now that he's older, he likes to think of gifts he can get people.  He has such a hard time waiting to give the gifts because he just can't wait to see them open it.  Recently, he decided he wanted to do something to surprise Adalynn.  He used his own money to purchase a girl's Lego set for her.  I told him we could save it for her birthday, but he couldn't wait to give it to her the minute we got home!

Helping Adalynn build the Lego set he bought her

Giving police chief, Mark Scott, a card and homemade treats

8 - Bonus ~ He wants to be like his daddy



Whether it's silly voices, hunting, shooting bows, or just reading on the couch, Zeke wants to be like his daddy.  What a great role model Gregg is too!  Gregg is our spiritual leader and seeks God in all that he does.  He works hard to provide for us and is such a loving and affectionate father and husband.  I am incredibly thankful that Zeke and Gregg have such a special relationship and that Zeke is learning how to be a godly man from his daddy.  They are two peas in a pod and I wouldn't have it any other way!!

Their first buck together


No comments:

Post a Comment