This is our modern day baby book! It is our prayer that years from now, Zeke and Adalynn will look back at the details of this blog and understand just how much we looked forward to meeting them and love them!







Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Gender reveal!



"By faith Sarah herself received power to conceive, even when she was past the age, since she considered him faithful who had promised." (Hebrews 11:11)

A friend gave me the verse above when I told her I was expecting our third child.  His faithfulness never changes and I'm so grateful.  God used the prayers of Zeke to fulfill a promise He had for our family.  We found a prayer card Zeke's Sunday school teacher had written for him over a year ago.  Zeke has faithfully believed we would add a third child to this family.  His faith has taught me so much and I thank God for these gifts he has entrusted Gregg and me to raise (and how He uses them to teach us!).


It says, "I will pray for: Mama to have another baby"







We found out the gender of our third blessing pretty early.  They now have a genetic test that is offered to mother's 35 and older.  It analyzes the chromosomes of the baby (I don't know the science).  Apparently, they look for DNA fragments and if there is a fragment of an X and Y chromosome, it's a boy, but if there are fragments of X's, it's a girl.  I apologize if that is not completely accurate!

So, I called to find out the test results and was told the gender of our baby over the phone...kind of amazing and a little surreal!

The nurse said, "Are you ready to find out?

It's a GIRL!!!!"

I couldn't believe it.  I really thought it was going to be a boy for many different reasons, but I was thrilled.  I really was at peace either way.

It was exciting, though, to begin to think specifically about this baby and make plans.  I imagine Adalynn with a sister now, which is something I didn't experience growing up.


We decided to wait to announce the gender to Zeke.  We planned a little gender reveal after his homeschool group one Tuesday.  I took a big box to our local grocery store and had them blow up a couple of pink balloons.  They wrapped it in pink and blue ribbon.  I also took mini Hershey bars and colored in the "she" portion in pink.  I placed those at the bottom of the box.

Getting ready to open the box


All the kids came outside and Zeke got to open the box.  When the pink balloons popped out, he didn't say much.  He had been praying for a boy, so I think he was in shock.  Of course, all the boys in the class were cheering "Boy, boy..." and the girls were cheering, "Girl, girl..."


Here we go...

Working...



The moment he saw pink!
He wasn't so sure about pink balloons!

It's still sinking in!


It was a fun time and something I'll always remember.  We told Adalynn when we got home, but she was really just interested in playing with the balloons!  Zeke has come around and is excited about his baby sister (Her name is still to be determined!)  He continues to kiss the baby and pray for her every day (multiple times!).  It warms my heart.  He is going to be such a good daddy someday!




No comments:

Post a Comment