This is our modern day baby book! It is our prayer that years from now, Zeke and Adalynn will look back at the details of this blog and understand just how much we looked forward to meeting them and love them!







Saturday, December 31, 2011

To Him be the glory...



I had not planned on writing another post so soon, but I wanted to take a moment to write down my goals for 2012.  I have never been one to make "New Year's Resolutions," but I do want to reflect on the past and set goals for the future.  I think it's okay to seek God and set goals based on His leading with the understanding that they may change.  My friend Christy created a "New Year's Vision Casting" guide, which I plan to do (and had planned to do earlier, but didn't!).  Here is the link in case you are interested: http://beggarsharingbread.blogspot.com/p/new-years-vision-casting.html

In 2012 I'd like to do my best to bring glory to God....I will:

  1. Continue to spend time in the word each morning before Zeke gets up (even if it's just 5 minutes)
  2. Begin the "Treasures of Healthy Living" Bible study with Gregg (setting aside time 2-3 evenings/week)
  3. Establish several television and computer free evenings in our home (Gregg and I decided to this together) 
  4. Seek God's guidance to understand how to be a better wife
  5. Be more intentional about reaching out to my neighbors
  6. Be more intentional about setting aside quality time with Zeke during the day
  7. Re-establish my sourdough starter and begin regularly making sourdough bread
  8. Continue making kombucha regularly
  9. Begin making fermented vegetables monthly
  10. Read more (this will be greatly helped by doing #3)


I know some of these are broader than others, and I hope Christy's guide will help me focus.  I realize that I will never be perfect, and I thank God for sending His son to free me from that burden. 



On the eve of 2012, I can't help but wonder what the Halls will be doing this time next year.  Will we be living in Texas?  South Georgia?  Will we be expecting another baby?  I know what my desires are, but I pray that I can truly surrender to the Lord's will and find joy in the plan that HE reveals.

"Now to Him who is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that works in us, 21 to Him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus to all generations, forever and ever. Amen." ~ Ephesians 3: 20-21




1 comment: